Economic Annals-ХХI: Volume 146, Issue 11-12, Pages: 128-130
Babenko, O. (2014). Diversification strategy at the tourist enterprises. Economic Annals-XXI, 11-12, 128-130. http://ea21journal.world/index.php/ea-v146-32/
Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19 Kyoto Str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
Diversification strategy at the tourist enterprises
Abstract. Considering the role and importance of the appropriate strategy choosing for the tourist enterprises development, especially at the tourist service level, we should define the type of strategy. In this article, backgrounds and types of the diversification strategy at the tourist enterprises are described. The features of the diversification strategy services at the tourist enterprises are defined. The main goals of different types of diversification strategy implementing on the tourist enterprises have been grounded. Possible risks that could arrive after diversification strategy implementing at the small and big tourist enterprises are predicted. Among them are: lack of permanent investments, lack of experience in the new skills and techniques required, great uncertainty in which company put itself within diversification.
Keywords: Tourist Enterprise; Strategy of Diversification; Corporate Diversification; Vertical Diversification; Horizontal Diversification; Market Growth
JEL Classification: L83; L1; M31
- Kenny, G. (2009). Diversification Strategy: How to Grow a Business by Diversifying Successfully. Sydney: Kogan Page Publishers.
- Ferrell, O. (2012). Marketing Strategy Text and Cases (6th edition). Florida State University: Cengage Learning.
- Yahagi, T. (2000). Business diversification strategy: measurement and effects on corporate performance. Stanford: Graduate School of Business, Stanford University.
- Ansoff, H. I. (2007). Strategic Management Classic, Palgrave Macmillan. Hampshire, UK.
- Johnson, G., & Scholes, K., & Whittington, R. (2008). Exploring Corporate Strategy (Eighth edition). London: Prentice Hall / Financial Times, Essex.
- Smith, B. (2012). Making Marketing Happen. London: Routledge.
- Kotler, P. (2008). Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism. New York: Pearson Education.
- Gunn, C. (2012). Tourism Planning: Basics, Concepts, Cases. London: Routledge.