Economic Annals-ХХI: Volume 152, Issue 7-8(1), Pages: 113-118
Grytsyshen, D. (2015). The economic and environmental consequences of emergency situations in the system of accounting objects. Economic Annals-XXI, 7-8(1), 113-118. http://ea21journal.world/index.php/ea-v152-28/
Zhytomyr State Technological University
103 Chernyakhovsky Str., Zhytomyr, 10005, Ukraine
The economic and environmental consequences of emergency situations in the system of accounting objects
Abstract. Introduction. The management of economic and environmental security of industrial enterprises in emergencies is important in the current economic conditions. The control system of economic and environmental security should include the impact of enterprises’ activity on the environment under usual conditions and in emergency situations. Both economic and environmental consequences can be the effects of emergencies. Moreover, they have an impact on the economic activity of industrial enterprises, and, therefore, should be considered in accounting. In accounting, this necessitates a study of ecological and economic consequences, in relation to a complex object management and account mapping.
Purpose of the article is to study the impact of emergencies on economic activity and determine their influence over the system of accounting objects.
Methods. The study was carried out on the basis of both general and special methods. In particular, we used statistical methods to foresee emergencies in Ukraine and assess their impact on economic activity. To justify the essence of emergencies, hazardous events and their interrelation with groups of objects we used accounting methods of analysis and synthesis, theoretical synthesis, methods of induction and deduction.
Results. The study has proved the interrelation between hazardous events in emergencies and both internal and external environment of industrial enterprises. On the basis of the proposed classification of emergencies we have structured accounting facilities depending on the types of emergencies which lead to dangerous events concerning functioning of internal and external environment of industrial enterprises. All objects are grouped into three categories: economic and environmental impacts, preventive measures and measures to overcome the consequences of emergencies.
Conclusion. The given approach is the basis of organizational and methodological provisions of the economic security and management of industrial enterprises in emergency situations. In particular, the identified areas of accounting facilities represent a qualitively new approach to the development of accounting giving a tool for managing enterprises in emergencies.
Keywords: Economic and Environmental Security; Emergencies; Accounting; Consequences of Emergencies; Industrial Enterprise
JEL Classification: Q 51; M 41; М 11
- Alymov, A. (2000). The development of productive forces and the environment. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russ.).
- Balatsky, O. (1976). Economy air protection. Kharkov: Vyshcha School (in Russ.).
- Balatsky, O. (1979). Economy clean air. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russ.).
- Balatsky, O. (1994). Theory and practice of assessing economic damage to Ukraine. Visnyk SumDU (Journal of SSU), 1, 138-118 (in Russ.).
- Brydun, E. (2002). Modeling compensation system of ecological and economic damage. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Bykov, A., Solenova, L., Zemlyanaya, G., & Furman, V. (1999). Guidelines for assessing the socio-economic impact of health disorders caused by air pollution. Upravlenie riskom (Risk management), 3, 51-59 (in Russ.).
- Veyher, A. (1976). Types of economic developments related to environmental changes. Proceedings from Economic problems of quality management of the urban environment: tezisy dokl. Vsesojuzn. soveshh. (2-3 dekabria 1976 hoda) – All-USSR conference, 154-157 (in Russ.).
- Gusev, A. (1980). Socio-economic benefits of environmental activities. Sofia: Partizdat (in Russ.).
- Gusev, A. (1977). The economic costs of air pollution and its registration in the national economic planning and management. Moscow: Ekonomika (in Russ.).
- Podkolzin, I. (2009). Some aspects of damages for civil and economic legislation of Ukraine. Proceedings from Improving the legal status of the participants of economic relations: All-Ukrainian scientific conference (November 20 2008), 98-111. Kyiv: Institute of Private Law and Entrepreneurship of Law of Ukraine (in Ukr.).
- Podkolzin, I., & Dzera, I. (2009). Legal grounds for damages. Yurydychna Ukraina (Legal Ukraine), 6, 73-80 (in Ukr.).
- Drozd, I., & Nazarov, G. (2009). Concept of accounting and control of financial results. Kyiv: Balans (in Ukr.).
- Ilicheva, M. (2005). Methods for assessing the economic impact of the negative impact of polluted environment. Izvestie Cheliabinskogo nauchnogo centra (Proceedings of the Chelyabinsk Scientific Centre), 3(29), 18-23 (in Russ.).
- Kyslyi, V. (2007). On the essence of the concept of ecological and economic damage. Visnyk SumDU (Herald of SSU), Vol.2, 1 (in Russ.).
- Koff, G., Gusev, A., Vorobyov, J., & Kozmenko, S. (1997). Assessment of consequences of emergency situation. Moscow: Izd.-Polygraf. Komplex (in Russ.).
- Krysan T. (2008). Composition damages for civil legislation of Ukraine. Pivdennoukrainskyi pravnychyi chasopys (Southern Ukrainian Journal of Law), Vol. 2, 120-122 (in Ukr.).
- Onishchenko, S., & Samoylik, M. (2012). Ecological and economic assessment of pollution in the system of environmentally safe development of regions Ukraine. Poltava: Poltava National Technical University (in Ukr.).
- Revich, B., & Sidorenko, V. (2006). Methods of assessing the economic damage to human health from air pollution: a manual on the regional environmental policy. Moskow: Akropol (in Russ.).
- Semenenko, B. (1990). Theoretical aspects of the definition of the economic impact of air pollution. Kharkov: Mezhst. territ. centr NTI i propagandy (in Russ.).
- Sidorenko, V., Azarov, S., & Yeremenko, S. (2006). On the question of the definition of «dangerous object». Pravo i bezpeka: nauk. zhur. Harkivskoho nacionalnoho universytetu vnutrishnih sprav (Law and Security: Scientific Journal of Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs), 5, 151-155 (in Ukr.).
- Skydanenko, J. (2007). Analysis of methodological approaches to determining losses from natural catastrophes. Visnyk SumDU (Herald of SSU), 1, 14 (in Ukr.).
- Haldeev, V. (1971). Analysis of methodological approaches to determining losses from natural catastrophe. Kyiv: Naukova dumka (in Ukr.).
- Hlobystov, Ye. (2004). Environmental safety transformational economy. Kyiv: Chornobylinterinform (in Ukr.).
- Fowlie, M., Knittel, C., & Wolfram, C. (2008, November). Sacred cars? Optimal regulation of stationary and non-stationary pollution sources. NBER: NBER working paper series.
- Lvovsky, K. (2001, October). Health and environment. The World Bank: Environment strategy papers.
- Viscusi, W. (2006, January). Regulation of health, safety and environmental risks. NBER: NBER working paper series.
- Opanasjuk, Yu., & Melnyk, Yu. (2013). Methodical principles of assessing ecological and economic damage from emergencies. Ekonomika i upravlenye (Economics and Management), 5, 63-64 (in Ukr.).
- Sosiura, S. G. (2009). Socio-economic factors effectively prevent environmental emergencies. Zbirnyk materialiv II-ho Vseukrainskoho zizdu ekolohiv z mizhnarodnoiu uchastiu (Proceedings of the Second All-Ukrainian Congress of Ecologists with International Participation).
Retrieved from http://eco.com.ua/sites/eco.com.ua/files/lib1/konf/2vze/zb_m/0177_zb_m_2VZE.pdf
- The State Emergency Service of Ukraine. Official web-site.
Retrieved from http://www.mns.gov.ua/ (in Ukr.)
- Bublyk, M., & Koropetska, T. (2008). Analysis methods for economic evaluation of damage caused to forestry manmade emergencies. Visnyk natsionalnoho universytetu «Lvivska Politehnika» ( Journal of National University «Lviv Polytechnic»), 611, 71-79 (in Ukr.).
- Yevdokymov, V., Grytsyshen, D., & Tarasenko, S. (2014). Accounting of shipping companies: theory, methodology, organization. Zhytomyr: ZhDTU (in Ukr.).