Economic Annals-ХХI: Volume 155, Issue 11-12, Pages: 117-120
Kosiciarova, S., & Vincurova, Z. (2015). Register of financial statements as instrument of transparency in financial administration. Economic Annals-XXI, 155(11-12), 117-120. http://ea21journal.world/index.php/ea-v155-26/
Prof. JUDr. PhD.,
Trnava University in Trnava
23 Hornopotocna Str., Trnava, 918 43, Slovak Republic
10 Tematinska Str., Bratislava, 851 05, Slovak Republic
Register of financial statements as instrument of transparency in financial administration
Abstract. The Register of Financial Statements, established in Slovakia by the Act on Accounting in 2011, is a public administration information system within which accounting entities file financial statements, audit reports and annual reports.The Register represents an investment which simplifies business in the Slovak Republic and provides the public with an access to information online. The Register serves as an instrument for macroeconomic analysis and forecasting, as well as for detecting tax evasion.The authors’ objective is to analyse the legal and financial effects of the Register of Financial Statements creation and evaluate the positive and negative effects of its introduction on entrepreneurs.
Keywords: Accounting; Register of Financial Statements; Public Information System; Slovakia
JEL Classification: K23, M41, M48
Acknowledgement. This work was supported by the Slovak Research and Development Agency under contract no. APVV-0024-12.
- World Economic Forum (2015). The Global Competitiveness Report 2014-2015.
Retrieved from http://alianciapas.sk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2014-15.pdf
- Soukupova, B., Slosarova, A., & Bastincova, A. (2004). Accounting. Bratislava, Iura Edition (in Slovak).
- The Council of the European Community (1978). Fourth Council Directive 78/660/EEC of 25 July 1978 based on Article 54(3) (g) of the Treaty on the annual accounts of certain types of companies.
Retrieved from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=URISERV%3Al26009
- The European Parliament (2013). Directive 2013/34/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 on the annual financial statements, consolidated financial statements and related reports of certain types of undertakings, amending Directive 2006/43/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Council Directives 78/660/EEC and 83/349/EEC Text with EEA relevance.
Retrieved from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32013L0034
- The European Parliament (2009). Directive 2009/101/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 September 2009 on coordination of safeguards which, for the protection of the interests of members and third parties, are required by Member States of companies within the meaning of the second paragraph of Article 48 of the Treaty, with a view to making such safeguards equivalent.
Retrieved from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32009L0101
- Tumpach, M. (2003). Accounting reform in the European Union – the fourth directive. Accounting – Auditing – Taxation: in theory and practice. Bratislava, SUVAHA (in Slovak).
- Filip, A., & Raffournier, B., (2014, December). Financial Crisis and Earnings Management: The European Evidence. The International Journal of Accounting, 49, 4, 455-478.
doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j. intacc.2014.10.004
- Rezaee, Z., Smith, L. M., & Sendi, J. Z. (2010, June). Convergence in accounting standards: insights from academicians and practitioners. Advances in Accounting, 26, 1, 142-154.
- Fabus, M. (2011). Slovak Republic and the evaluation of the doing business. Visnyk volynskoho instytutu ekonomiki ta menedzhmentu (Herald of the Volyn Institute of Economics and Management), 2, 25-30.
- National Council of the Slovak Republic (2002). On Accounting. As ammended. The Law 431/2002 with changes.
- The European Parliament (2012). Directive 2012/6/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 March 2012 amending Council Directive 78/660/EEC on the annual accounts of certain types of companies as regards micro-entities.
Retrieved from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32012L0006
- Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic (2015). Guideline for storage and disclosure of documents in The Register of Financial Statements.
Retrieved from http://www.finance.gov. sk/Default.aspx?CatID=9574 (in Slovak)