Economic Annals-ХХI: Volume 157, Issue 3-4(1), Pages: 82-84
Mayakova, A. (2016). Quality of management in the context of modern economic and managerial paradigm. Economic Annals-XXI, 157(3-4(1)), 82-84. doi: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V157-0025
Economist of the Procurement Department,
Southwest State University
94, 50 Let Oktyabrya Str., Kursk, 305040, Russia
Quality of management in the context of modern economic and managerial paradigm
Abstract. The author considers the quality of management, determined by the emergence of requirements to the efficiency and effectiveness, the formation and functioning of organizations, accompanied by an increase in the number of challenging tasks, their complexity and diversity. It is possible to achieve a new quality of management through progressive ideas promoting, improved methods and tools, and relevant managerial forms of organization activities. The article examines management quality not as a single conceptual measure in general management system, but as a systemic factor of the organization’s activity modernization, and, as a result, achievement of organization’s high efficiency, effectiveness, and competitiveness. The author specifies the thesis that management quality is a kind of modulating instrument for the ways and means of the organizational development which boosts growth opportunities in the competitive market environment. Evaluation of the management quality is performed not only for the general activity of the organization, but also for the detailed processes. For this purpose, the author’s technique for estimating the quality of detailed process control on the basis of quantitative qualimetric control criteria has been tested on the example of CJSC «Technosphere» engineering plant in Kursk region. It has been suggest that a new complex program of process management design should be introduced at industrial enterprises in order to improve the quality of management.
Keywords: Management Quality; Managerial Paradigm; Efficiency; Effectiveness; Competitiveness
JEL Classification: D24; G30
Acknowledgement. This publication was produced within the framework of the Russian Foundation for Humanities research project No. 16-33-01016.
- Lapidus, V. (2010). Management of war and innovation. Ekspert (Expert), 18, 46-62 (in Russ.).
- ISO 9000:2015 Quality management systems – Fundamentals and vocabulary (IDT). Edition official.
Retrieved from http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail?csnumber=45481
- Jacobs, Ch. S. (2010). Management Rewired: Why Feedback Doesn’t Work and Other Surprising Lessons from the Latest Brain Science. Portfolio Trade.
- Iacocca, L., & Novak, W. (2002). Career Manager. Mn.: Potpourri.
- Barker, J. A. (2007). Paradigms: The Business of Discovering the Future. N.Y.: Basic Books.
- Hegel, G. W. F. (1970). The science of logic. M.: Thought (in Russ.).
- Aseeva, I. A., & Mayakova, A. V. (2015). Interdisciplinary approaches to the study philosophical category of «quality». News of Science and Education, 1(25), 53-59.
- Mayakova, A. (2015). Philosophical-methodological analysis of the category «quality»: from classical foundations to contemporary interpretations. Izvestiya Yugo-zapadnogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika. Sotsiologiya. Menedzhment (Southwest State University Bulletin. Series of Works: Economy. Sociology. Management), 1(14), 133-140 (in Russ.).
- Hoyle, D. D. (2009). ISO 9000 Quality Systems Handbook – updated for the ISO 9001: 2008 standard, Sixth Edition: Using the standards as a framework for business improvement. Taylor & francis.
- Shmarov, A., & Polunin, Y. (2001). Russian management style. Ekspert (Expert), 36, 52-71 (in Russ.).
- Kleiner, G. (2004). Microeconomic factors and limits of economic growth. Problemyi teorii i praktiki upravleniya (Problems of Management Theory and Practice), 6, 12-21 (in Russ.).
- Vinokurov, V., & Vinokurov, A. (2005). Quality management as a factor of strengthening the market position of the company. Standarty i i kachestvo (Standards and quality), 12, 36-39 (in Russ.).
- Bondarenko, O. I. (2011). The paradigm of control: the new rules of doing business. Issues of Economics and Management, 2, 81-84 (in Russ.).
- Vinokurov, V. A. (2006). Quality management – the basis of modern managerial paradigm. Management in Russia and Abroad (Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom), 6, 126-131 (in Russ.).
- Mayakova, A. V., & Mayakov, A. S. (2012). The implementation of the requirements of the ISO 9000 series. Diskussiya (Discussion), 9(27), 59-64 (in Russ.).
- Balashov, E. S., & Gromov, E. A. (2015). Evaluation of results of implementation by the Russian companies of the lean production concept. Izvestiya Yugo-zapadnogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika. Sotsiologiya. Menedzhment (Southwest State University Bulletin. Series of Works: Economy. Sociology. Management), 2(15), 37-43 (in Russ.).
- Aized, T. (2012). Total Quality Management and Six Sigma. InTeOp.
- Leshchuk, V., Polinkevych, O., & Ishchuk, L. (2015). Strategy of engineering enterprises’ business process management in reengineering and redesign. Ekonomicnij casopis-XXI (Economic Annals-XXI), 1-2(1), 57-61.
Retrieved from http://ea21journal.world/index.php/ea-v147-14/ (in Russ.)
- Syroezhin, I. M. (1980). The system of indicators of efficiency and quality. Moscow: Economy (in Russ.).
- Orlov, V. (2013). The analysis of enterprises’ product innovative potential management. Ekonomicnij casopis-XXI (Economic Annals-XXI), 1-2(2), 14-17.
Retrieved from http://ea21journal.world/index.php/ea-v126-04/ (in Russ.)
- Mayakova, A. (2015). Modern ways to control and improve product quality. Saarbrucken: Lambert Academic Publishing (in Russ.).