Economic Annals-ХХI: Volume 189, Issue 5-6(1), Pages: 4-14
Okhotnikova, О., & Hlasov, P. (2021). Clustering of the economy in a comprehensive system of the international economic security: organizational economic mechanism. Economic Annals-XXI, 189(5-6(1)), 4-14. doi: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V189-01
Vinnytsia Mykhailo Kotsiubynskyi State Pedagogical University
32 Ostrozky Str., Vinnytsia, 2100, Ukraine
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2927-3363
PhD Student (Law),
Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman
54/1 Peremohy Ave., Kyiv, 03057, Ukraine
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1951-6755
Clustering of the economy in a comprehensive system of the international economic security: organizational economic mechanism
Abstract. In a globalized world, international economic security has become the key to world order stability. Improving the resilience and competitiveness of the economy is one of the priorities for countries around the world. Furthermore, each country must ensure such a level of its national economic security that will guarantee its safe economic functioning. Clustering the economy can help countries to achieve this. Thanks to the cluster approach, it becomes possible to produce a competitive product and sell it on the world market, which will ensure the effective and rapid development of the international economy. Clustering of the economy can affect on the provision of international economic security and become its main component. Therefore, cluster formations become a productive self-sufficient element in a comprehensive system of international economic security. Empirical and theoretical methods show that there is a relationship between international economic security and clustering of the economy, which is very important in creating the conditions for the security of individual states.
The article proposes to consider the clustering of the economy as the main component of a comprehensive system of international economic security. The integrated system of international economic security is presented in the form of a complex, interconnected, structured algorithm, the components of which are institutions which aimed at guaranteeing security, strategies of national security programs and plans, legal and information support and clustering of the economy.
Besides, clusters can be seen as a link between politics, economics and economic security. Clustering of the economy is directly related to economic security. Clusters cover new industries, innovations, long-term cooperation. They act as catalysts for change in the country’s economy. Clusters are related to the political and economic strategies of states. The result of the authors of the strategy of international economic security and the Methodology for assessing the effectiveness of the cluster is a proposal to consider the clustering of the economy an important component of international economic security and an important component of economic policy.
Clusters in the world economic system are able to ensure economic stability in times of crisis, give great economic effect and achieve joint economic success.
Keywords: Cluster; Economy; Cluster Formations; International Economic Security; Competitiveness
JEL Classification: F02; G34; D20
Acknowledgements and Funding: The authors received no direct funding for this research.
Contribution: The authors contributed equally to this work.
Data Availability Statement: The dataset is available from the authors upon request.
- Atkin, D., Chaudhry, А., Chaudhry, S., Amit, K., Handelwal, A., & Verhoogen, E. (2017). Organizational Barriers to Technology Adoption: Evidence from Pakistani Soccer Ball Manufacturers. Quarterly Journal of Economics, 132(3), 1101-1164.
- Bashtova, M. (Ed.). (2015). International economic security through relations and factors of nature management. In Economic and social development of Ukraine in the XXI century: national vision and challenges to globalization, proceedings of the conference of young scientists. Ternopil: TNEU (in Ukr.).
- Calan, M. (2020). Implementation of cluster initiatives in Europe. Biznes-navihator (Business Navigator), 57(1), 22-27 (in Ukr.).
- Chu, К. Н. (2021). Financial Development in Hong Kong and China: A Hayekian Perspective. Cato Journal, 41(1), 25-45.
- Deering, M. (2007). Dawn of the Singularity.
https://web.archive.org/web/20110908052319/http://transhumanism.org/languages/russian/dawnofsingularity/Deering.htm (in Russ.)
- Gribinenko, O. (2019). Environmental Component of International Economic Security. Visnyk Mariupolskoho derzhavnoho universytetu (Bulletin of Mariupol State University), 18, 51-61 (in Ukr.).
- Kaplan, S. B. (2018). Fighting Past Economic Wars: Crisis and Austerity in Latin America. Latin American Research Review, 53(1), 19-37.
- Korzh, I. (2019). Safety: methodological approaches to the concept. Natsionalnyi yurydychnyi zhurnal: teoriia i praktyka (National Legal Journal: Theory and Practice), 38(4), 68-72 (in Ukr.).
- Hu Fu, Kleinberg, R., Lavi, R., & Smorodinsky, R. (2017). Job security, stability and production efficiency. Theoretical Economics, 12(1), 1-24.
- Leiser, S., & Mills, S. (2019). Local government fiscal health: Comparing self-assessments to conventional measures. Public Budgeting & Finance, 39, 75-96.
- Levkovets, N. (2020). Definitions of «security» and «economic security». Visnyk Natsionalnoho transportnoho universytetu (Bulletin of the National Transport University), 47, 139-147 (in Ukr.).
- Lyashenko, O. (2015). Conceptualization of economic security management of the enterprise. Kyiv: NISS (in Ukr.).
- Lu, R., Reeve, T., & Huang, J., Jian, Z., Chen, M. (2018). Cluster Theory Literature Review: Is Cluster Relationship Important? Journal of Economic Research, 32(4), 1201-1220.
- Maslova, L. (2014). Mechanisms of state regulation in the system of ensuring the spiritual security of society. (Dissertation for the degree of Candidate of Science in Public Administration) National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- McDonald, B. D., & Larson, S. E. (2020). Current Issues in Practice. Implications of the Coronavirus on sales tax revenue and local government fiscal health. Journal of Public and Nonprofit Affairs, 6(3), 377-400.
- Mikhailyuk, O., & Necheva, N. (2020). Study of the features of the process of clusterization of the tourist sphere of Europe. Visnyk sotsialno-ekonomichnykh doslidzhen (Bulletin of Socio-Economic Research), 72(1), 35-48.
http://dspace.oneu.edu.ua/jspui/bitstream/123456789/11494/1/Дослідження%20процесів%20кластеризації.pdf (in Ukr.)
- Mikolyuk, O. (2017). Formation of cluster structures in the conditions of formation of energy independence. Ekonomichnyi analiz (Economic analysis), 27(3), 56-61 (in Ukr.).
- Olave, M., Nogales, R., Córdova, P., & Rejas, B. (2020). Bolivia: Una nueva mirada al rol de los recursos naturales en el crecimiento económico. Latin American Research Review, 55(1), 81-98.
- Pushkar, T. A., & Fedorova, V. G. (2011). International experience the formation and development of network and associations klasternіh. Economic Annals-XXI, 11-12, 68-71.
http://ea21journal.world/index.php/ea-v117-20/ (in Ukr.)
- Ryneiska, L. (2016). Clusters in the modern global economy. Efektyvna ekonomika (Effective Economy), 5, 1-3 (in Ukr.).
- Sak, T. (2013). Economic security of Ukraine: concept, structure, main tendencies. Innovatsiina ekonomika (Innovative Economics), 6, 336-340 (in Ukr.).
- Samylenko, G. (2019). Cluster structures of regions of Ukraine: theoretical aspects, problems and prospects of practical implementation. Problemy i perspektyvy ekonomiky ta upravlinnia (Problems and Prospects of Economics and Management), 1, 155-165 (in Ukr.).
- Shevtsova, G., & Shvets, N. (2017). Clustering of the chemical industry: European experience and lessons for Ukraine. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy (Bulletin of Economic Science of Ukraine), 33(2), 103-109 (in Ukr.).
- Shpak, Y. (2020). Cluster approach in the management of territorial development of Ukraine. Publichne upravlinnia ta mytne administruvannia (Public Administration and Customs Administration), 2, 187-191 (in Ukr.).
- Tkachuk, N. (2020). Economic security of enterprises in the conditions of transformational transformations. (Dissertation for the degree of Candidate of Economic Sciences). Odesa National Academy of Food Technologies, Odesa (in Ukr.).
Received in revised form 19.04.2021
Available online 10.06.2021