Economic Annals-ХХI: Volume 192, Issue 7-8(2), Pages: 169-176
Podgorny, B., & Volokhova, N. (2021). Impact of digital economy on the digital habituses of the Russian population. Economic Annals-XXI, 192(7-8(2)), 169-176. doi: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V192-14
Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Sociology,
Southwest State University
94, 50 Let Oktyabrya Str., Kursk, 305040, Russian Federation
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2972-3603
Professor of the Department of Philosophy,
Kursk State University
33 Radishcheva Str., Kursk, 305000, Russian Federation
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7048-3509
Impact of digital economy on the digital habituses of the Russian population
Abstract. During the analysis of the results of digitalization, it becomes necessary to take the sociological component, along with statistical and financial ones, into account. Sociological index consists, first of all, in the understanding by the population of certain regions and countries of the processes and activities that are being held, the attitude to them and the readiness for the changes introduced by digital economy. This article provides data on the digital habituses of the population and their impact on the attitude to the development and implementation of digital technologies and the actions of the community within the framework of the current situation with digital technologies. It is shown in our research that about 25 percent of the population have habituses that do not explicitly or covertly support the development of new digital technologies. The influence of the habituses of the population on the attitude to the development and implementation of digital technologies, levels of digital literacy, protection of personal information, self-assessment of digital literacy and user level is determined.
Keywords: Digitalization; Digital Economy; Attitude; Digital Habitus; Disposition; Capital; Digital Literacy
JEL Classification: A14; D12; E44
Acknowledgements and Funding: The reported study was funded by RFBR according to the research project No. 20-011-00228 entitled «The Russian digital economy as a social field».
Contribution: The authors contributed equally to this work.
Data Availability Statement: project database «Russian Digital Economy as a Social Field» (2020-2021) with doi: https://doi.org/10.17632/2fcff7jj82.6 is available online also via link: https://data.mendeley.com/datasets/2fcff7jj82/6
- Arkhipova, O. V. (2018). Digital trends of culture: cultural practice transformation experience. Saint-Petersburg Economic Journal, 1, 70-76.
- Bourdieu, P. (1980). Le Sens pratique. Éditions de Minuit (in French).
- Budanov, V., & Aseeva, I. (2019). Manipulative marketing technologies in new digital reality. Economic Annals- XXI, 180(11-12), 58-68.
- Chetty, K., Qigui, L., Gcora, N., Josie, J., Wenwei, L., & Fang, Ch. (2020). Bridging the digital divide: measuring digital literacy. Economics, 12(1), 1-20.
- Chetyrova, L. B. (2017). The Mindset of Kalmyks: origins and causes of alterations. The New Research of Tuva, 3.
https://doi.org/10.25178/nit.2017.3.8 (in Russ.)
- Cote, T., & Milliner, B. (2016). Japanese university students’ self-assessment and digital literacy test results. In S. Papadima-Sophocleous, L. Bradley, & S. Thouësny (Eds.), CALL communities and culture – short papers from EUROCALL 2016 (pp. 125-131).
- Couto, M. J., Lucas, C., Brites, M. J., & Pereira, L. (2018). Digital literacy in Europe: best practices in six countries. 10th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies (EDULEARN18 Proceedings), (pp. 3530-3538). 2-4 July, 2018, Palma, Spain.
- Egina, N. A., & Zemskova, E. S. (2020). Transformation of education as a metatrend of the digital economy. National Interests: Priorities and Security, 16(10), 1960-1979.
- Fabris, A. (2020). Digital culture, the anthropological dimension and the educational problem. Revista Signos, 41(1), 9-17.
- Kalmus, V., & Opermann, S. (2020). Personal time capital in the digital society: an alternative look at social stratification among three generations of highly skilled professionals in Estonia. Trames. A Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences, 24(1), 3-25.
- Karthikeyan, C., & Pious, T. (2019). A meta analytical descriptive study on evolving concepts of human capital and its application in the age of artificial intelligence (AI). International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), 6(2), 361-373.
- Kuznetsova, I. G., Goloshchapova, L. V., Ivashina, N. S., Shichiyakh, R. A., Petrova, L. I., & Tkachev, B. P. (2020). The Paradigm of Human Capital Development Capable of Adapting Innovations in the Transition to a Digital Economy. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 10(2), 1408-1417.
- Podgorny, B. B. (2016). The habitus of the Russian stock market private investors. Economic Annals-XXI, 7-8, 111-115.
- Podgorny, B. B. (2020). Habituses of the Russian population: methodology and classification. Modern Studies of Social Issues, 12(2), 279-301.
- Podgorny, B. B., & Volokhova, N. V. (2020b). The population of the Kursk region in the digital economy mirror: a sociological analysis. Proceedings of Southwestern State University. Series: Economics. Sociology. Management, 5, 189-199.
- Podgorny, B. B., & Volokhova, N. V. (2020а). The digital literacy level of the Kursk region population: reality and prospects. Proceedings of Southwestern state University. Series: Economics. Sociology. Management, 6, 190-200.
- Podgorny, B. B., & Volokhova, N. V. (2021). Digital literacy of the population: regional features. European Proceedings of Social and Behavioural Sciences (EpSBS), 105, 696-707.
- Radovanović, D., Holst, Ch., Belur, S. B., Srivastava, R., Houngbonon, G., Quentrec, E. L., Miliza, J., Winkler, A. S., & Noll, J. (2020). Digital Literacy Key Performance Indicators for Sustainable Development. Social Inclusion, 8(2), 151-167.
- Royakkers, L., Timmer, J., Kool, L., & van Est, R. (2018). Societal and ethical issues of digitization. Ethics and Information Technology, 20(2), 127-142.
- Sapiro, G. (2004). The field of literature in France: structure, dynamics and forms of politicization. The Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology, 7(5), 126-143.
- Shammas, V. L., & Sandberg, S. (2015). Habitus, capital, and conflict: Bringing Bourdieusian field theory to criminology. Criminology & Criminal Justice, 16(2), 1-19.
- Sheremetyeva, E. N., Barinova, E. P., & Zolotova, L. V. (2020). Innovative Formats of Education in the Transformation of the Digital Economy. In S. I. Ashmarina, & V. V. Mantulenko (Eds.), Digital Economy and the New Labor Market: Jobs, Competences and Innovative HR Technologies (pp. 249-254). Springer, Cham.
- Sizova, I. L., Ermilova, A. V., & Khusyainov, T. M. (2014). «Faculty habitus» and socialization of students in a classical university (a case study of the faculty of social sciences of Lobachevsky state university of Nizhni Novgorod). Vestnik of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod. Series: Social Sciences, 4(36), 84-89.
- Soldatova, G. U., & Rasskazova, E. I. (2014). Psychological models of digital competence in Russian adolescents and parents. National Psychological Journal, 14(2), 27-35.
https://doi.org/10.11621/npj.2014.0204 (in Russ.)
- Solomonides, A. E., & Mackey, T. K. (2015). Emerging Ethical Issues in Digital Health Information. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 24(2), 311-322.
- Tartakovskaya, I. N., & Vanke, A. V. (2019). Mobility Strategies of Precarious Employees and the Formation of Precarious Habitus. Sociological Journal, 2, 99-115.
https://doi.org/10.19181/socjour.2019.25.2.6388 (in Russ.)
- Ukolova, N. V., & Novikova, N. A. (2019). Place of human potential in the digital economy. Journal of Altai academy of economics and law, 1-2, 166-173.
- Valtysson, B. (2020). Digital Cultural Politics. From Policy to Practice. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Volokhova, N. V. (2020). Socio-cultural basis of the digital economy. Proceedings of Southwestern state University. Series: Economics. Sociology. Management, 3, 217-226.
- Wacquant, L. (2011). Habitus as Topic and Tool: Reflections on Becoming a Prizefighter. Qualitative Research in Psychology, 8(1), 81-92.
- Yarskaya-Smirnova, V., & Zaitsev, D. (2017). The habitus of disability in the field of higher education. The journal of social policy studies, 25(4), 585-600.
https://doi.org/10.17323/727-0634-2019-17-4-585-600 (in Russ.)
Received in revised form 9.06.2021
Available online 21.09.2021