Economic Annals-XXI: Volume 200, Issue (11-12), Pages: 10-14
Mohamed, K. M., Wong, W.-K., & Pan, Sh.-H. (2022). The effect of digital marketing and sales information systems on customer’s purchase intention for increasing the sales rate of digital shopping. Economic Annals-XXI, 200(11-12), 10-14. doi: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V200-02
PhD (Economics), Chair Professor,
Department of Finance,
Fintech & Blockchain Research Center; Big Data Research Center,
Taichung, 41354, Taiwan;
Department of Medical Research,
China Medical University Hospital;
Department of Economics and Finance,
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6755-572X
Department of Information Management,
Chaoyang University of Technology
Taichung County, 41349, Taiwan R.O.C.
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1366-539X
The effect of digital marketing and sales information systems on customer’s purchase intention for increasing the sales rate of digital shopping
Abstract. Today, with the development of technology, digital sales have become an important part of companies’ sales. In such an atmosphere, the development of marketing and sales information systems can help to improve marketing and sales in the field of digital markets. Paying attention to information system and combining it with marketing in the digital space can lead to an understanding of how information system and costumer behavior contributes to the purchase decision of a company’s customers. In this regard, the current research has been carried out with the aim of discovering the model of the effect of information system on the consumer’s purchase intention in the digital platform. In order to achieve the mentioned goal, firstly, based on the in-depth review of the subject literature, the conceptual model of the research has been developed. For the purchase intention, variables such as choosing a brand, intermediary or place of purchase, purchase amount, purchase time and payment method have been identified. Then, to measure the relationship between research variables, a research questionnaire was prepared and distributed among 250 customers who could be accessed. In this research, rank regression analysis method was used to analyze the data from the questionnaire. The results of this research show that information system and digital marketing directly affects the customer’s purchase intention, also it is effective on the sales rate of digital shopping.
Keywords: Digital Market; Digital Shopping; Customer’s Purchase Intention; Information System; Sales Rate
JEL Classifications: B44; Е24; Е64; I19
Acknowledgements and Funding: The author received no direct funding for this research.
Contribution: The author has been responsible for the whole stages of preparing this article.
Data Availability Statement: The dataset used is available from the author upon request.
- Agnihotri, R., Trainor, K. J., Itani, O. S., & Rodriguez, M. (2017). Examining the role of sales-based CRM technology and social media use on post-sale service behaviors in India. Journal of Business Research, 81, 144-154.
- Al-Wattar, Y. M. A., Almagtome, A. H., & Al-Shafeay, K. M. (2019). The role of integrating hotel sustainability reporting practices into an Accounting Information System to enhance Hotel Financial Performance: Evidence from Iraq. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 8(5), 1-16.
- Bag, S., Gupta, Sh., & Luo, Z. (2020). Examining the role of logistics 4.0 enabled dynamic capabilities on firm performance. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 31(3), 607-628.
- Desai, V. (2019). Digital marketing: A review. International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development, 5(5), 196-200.
- Geng, R., Wang, S., Chen, X., Song, D., & Yu, J. (2020). Content marketing in e-commerce platforms in the internet celebrity economy. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 120(3), 464-485.
- Lin, X., Wang, X., & Hajli, N. (2019). Building e-commerce satisfaction and boosting sales: The role of social commerce trust and its antecedents. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 23(3), 328-363.
- Nuseir, M. T., & Aljumah, A. (2020). The role of digital marketing in business performance with the moderating effect of environment factors among SMEs of UAE. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 11(3), 310-324.
- Pellet, J. (2006, August/September). Pursuing High Performance. Chief Executives, 211, 66-71.
- Zhang, M. J. (2005). Information systems, strategic flexibility and firm performance: An empirical investigation. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 22(3), 163-184.
Received in revised form 21.07.2022
Available online 28.12.2022